A lot of writers use music to put them in the right mood to write different scenes. I LOVE this part of the writing process. I am a huge fan of music, and am a former musician myself, so music can really help me get into the right frame of mind to write certain scenes.
As a way to share as much of this writing process with you as I can, I am going to share with you the soundtrack of songs that inspired the mood behind Transgression.
I hope this helps to hold you over until May when the book comes out. You can also read the whole Prologue here. So without further adieu here is a peak inside my head to help you get in the zone I was in when I wrote the book. I hope you enjoy these artists as much as I do! (All the videos belong to their creators, not me)
10. Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath
9. Awake O Sleeper by The Brothers Bright
8. Move by Toby Mac
7. A whisper and a Clamor by Anberlin
6. I am Mountain by Gungor
5. Blood on my Name by The Brothers Bright
4. Ceasefire by For King and Country
3. Unwinding Cable Car by Anberlin
2. Run Wild by For King and Country
1. Dry Bones by Gungor