So books are flying off shelves and signing tables faster than I was prepared for, which is awesome! That just means I need to print more books! But there’s more to it than all that…
See the thing that some of you may not have heard is this: The Kingdom Come Series was born out of a desire and an inability to help. I desperately wanted to donate money to an organization called Rapha House, which I have been a huge supporter of since college, but I simply didn’t make enough money to donate what I wanted. I figured, if I could create another stream of income that wasn’t in my living budget, then I could donate it to Rapha.
Thus I had the idea to publish a book that I had been sitting on (ironically?) since the same year I learned about Rapha House, 2008.
I can’t and won’t claim that 100% of the profits go to Rapha, they don’t. I keep some of the money to feed back into the book series for printing more books, and marketing… but a portion of the proceeds from every single book sale (rounded up), does go to Rapha House.
The first book in TKCS did much better than I was anticipating which led to me selling out of books on the day it came out! That being the case, I had to use the money I had set aside for the hardcover books to print more paperbacks.
I am deeply sorry for those who pre-ordered hardcover copies who haven’t yet gotten them. Printing is expensive, and I honestly wasn’t expected to blow through that many books so fast.
I am already in need of a third run for Transgression paperbacks! I also still need to print the hardcovers to get out to those who have been waiting so patiently.
This is going to cost a minimum of about $3500.
With any luck (and a lot of actual hard work and self motivation), Penance will be coming out sometime beginning of 2019. That means, I will need money to print Penance soon as well! I also know this time, thanks to the learning experience from Transgression, that I will need to start with a larger printing. There is also a larger audience waiting for penance than Transgression had, so I’d really like to make sure I print enough off the bat.
This is going to cost a minimum of about $2000 Paperbacks and $1500 for Hardcovers
So with the low ball printing costs of about $7000 and then having to take into account shipping costs, and the possibility that my former quoted prices may go up for printing, I am shooting to raise $8000.
I am going to be running a few different fundraisers, since not everyone is into the same things.
- Bonfire T-shirt campaign. These shirts look great, and showcase a quote from Transgression that also speaks to the victims we support with the proceeds from all book sales. The featured quote is: “No cause that breathes is ever lost.” I firmly believe that as long as there are still women and children enslaved in the human trafficking industry, they can still be saved. I won’t stop fighting until that industry is shut down. Here is an example of what the shirts look like, though there are different shirt styles and sizes available in your choice of colors! To order yours, click here!
- Raffle. You may have heard me talk about the raffle before, but just wait. I really want to raise the goal amount, so the prize package for this raffle is going to be amazing! We keep coming up with ideas of things to add to it daily! So you can rest assured that it will be worth the $5 ticket! Launching in the fall. Winner to be announced at Christmas!
- Penance Pre-order Campaign. Penance is available for pre-order on publishizer. With package options ranging from an ebook, so elaborate chances to be written as a character into the books, you can take your pick, here.
- GoFundMe. The Go Fund Me page is up, if you just want to donate money to the cause! To donate, just click here.
- TBD. We are still brainstorming ideas for fundraisers! If you have any unique or cool fundraiser ideas, please comment and share them with us!
Thank you guys as always for all your enthusiasm and support. I never cease to be amazed by you all, since day one!